We are seeking an experienced Event Coordinator to support the delivery of the 2020 Shared Value Summit Asia Pacific, the pre-eminent shared value event in the region.
Join a small, dynamic team and create meaningful social impact through your work whilst supporting the delivery of one of the most significant events on corporate Australia’s calendar.
Globally, we are seeing a shift in the role of business in society. Now, more than ever, are businesses considering the ways in which they can use their resources to solve social issues and create economic returns.
The 2020 Shared Value Summit Asia Pacific convenes senior representatives from leading corporations and the purpose economy to advance the notion of purpose and profit. Now in its sixth year, the Summit brings together international and local thought leaders to provide attendees with the knowledge, tools and resources needed to drive the shared value movement forward.
Location: Melbourne. Must be available to travel to Sydney in May 2020 for delivery of Summit
Status: Part-time contract (EFT 0.8)
Employment period: 1 February – 30 June 2020
SVP is the peak body for shared value in Australia and the Asia Pacific and advances shared value in the region by building the capacity of its members and supporting a community of practice. SVP serves its member companies through education, promotion, networking, thought leadership and collaboration to expand practice of shared value. SVP is part of a global shared value alliance – including Hong Kong, South Africa, India and the USA.
The annual Shared Value Summit Asia Pacific is the pre-eminent shared value event in the region. The Summit is attended by 250+ c-suite executives, board members, strategists, senior managers and policy makers of some of Australia and the region’s leading companies, as well as senior government, academic and non-profit leaders, consulting companies and representatives from the business media.
- Supporting the effective delivery of the Summit including assisting with planning and development of the schedule, speakers, logistics and program.
- Supporting effective liaison with venues, sponsors, speakers and other stakeholders leading up and during the Summit
- Monitoring of ticketing including the ticketing platform, management of attendee lists and developing processes as necessary
- Monitoring tasks to ensure the objectives and relevant milestones are being met
- Assisting with evaluation of the Summit in the form of an evaluation report with support from SVP communications team
- Assisting with internal administrative and technical processes for the event as they relate to the role
For full details and key selection criteria please download the complete position description.
Please send your application addressed to Jan Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM on Thursday 28 November 2019.
Applications should include:
- A short cover letter (maximum two pages) outlining how you meet the key selection criteria;
- Your CV
Applications that do not include both of the documents listed above will not be considered. Please note applicants must have Australian permanent residency or the equivalent.