- Company: Unreasonable Group
- Location: New York, USA
Unreasonable is searching for a Venture Selection Associate passionate about research, execution, detailed communication, and identifying entrepreneurs worldwide positioned to put a positive dent on history.
Directly reporting to the Head of Venture Selection (Head of VS) and working hand in hand with the entire Global Community team, the Associate will be charged with researching the world’s best impact-focused, for-profit ventures, maintaining a detailed database of said ventures, and assisting the Head of VS with recruitment of said ventures into the Unreasonable Fellowship. If you’re eager to break into the start-up space and support some of the most promising entrepreneurs solving the world’s grandest challenges while learning from and working alongside a team of passionate and intrinsically motivated individuals, then this just might be the job for you!
- Own the venture selection database with the vision that it becomes one of – if not the – most comprehensive databases of impact-focused ventures in the world. Ensure data is MECE (mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive), accurate, up-to-date, and applicable
- Responsible for tracking venture selection for Unreasonable programs
- Responsible for necessary maintenance, upgrades, and improvements for the database in order to ensure it operates at its maximum efficiency
- Conduct research to identify potential Unreasonable ventures
- Work with the Head of VS to sort and filter potential ventures for outreach
- Conduct exploratory calls with potential fellows from around the planet on an as-needed basis, as determined by the Head of VS
- Aid when needed in the construction and implementation of the due diligence process for the Unreasonable investment fund that will support portfolio ventures
- Conduct regular market and industry research in order to better understand how the venture selection process should evolve in order to select the best ventures solving BFPs