- Company: Shared Value Project
- Location: Melbourne or Sydney
Please note: Whilst our office is located in Melbourne, this position can be based in Melbourne or Sydney.
ABOUT THE SHARED VALUE PROJECT:
Established in 2014, Shared Value Project (SVP) is the peak body for advancing the adoption of shared value in Australia (and hopefully in NZ in the near future). Part of a global network, we strive to create a world where we use the power of business to help solve society’s biggest challenges.
We do this by advocating for shared value adoption, educating the business sector on how to put this important business strategy into practice, and by bringing the voices and expertise of civil society and government to the table – forging impactful collaborations that play to each other’s strengths. In this way, we aim to empower all sectors to achieve greater impact and shared prosperity.
With a focus on partnerships and knowledge exchange, we host regular events to share evidence and examples of shared value, and support our members through tailored workshops and coaching to connect theory to practice.
We currently support approximately 30 organisations across diverse industries and sectors – all united by the belief that shared value can play an active role in helping to achieve a more inclusive, equitable and sustainable world.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
With our new strategy endorsed by the board, and a successful 2021 calendar year under our belt, we are ready for growth. This position will spearhead our strategic offering – working in partnership with the CEO, to develop the products and services needed to support our members in their shared value journeys.
In practice, the role will design tailored approaches for each member – understanding their unique needs and supporting shared value to be embedded into their core business and innovation strategies. As our Senior Advisor, this role will partner with a fantastic and talented group of shared value practitioners and consultants, ensuring that SVP continues to source the depth and breadth of experience across sectors and industries required to support our diverse membership.
As a senior member of the organisation, this role involves management and leadership inside and outside the organisation.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Among other things, you will be well equipped to:
- Lead SVP’s strategic offering
- In partnership with the CEO and advisory support team, design SVP’s strategic products and services (eg a shared value implementation canvas)
- Onboard the ‘advisory team’ (practitioners and consultants, local and global)
- Manage advisory resources and financials
- Manage members and non-member fee-for-service clients
- Take responsibility for BD targets
- Comfortably facilitate workshops and training sessions, synthesising complex information to form clear actionable strategies
- Confidently undertake speaking engagements in public forums, holding a room
- Proficiently assess where a member is at and how to move them forward
- Write briefs, proposals and reports competently and succinctly
Business/Shared Value Strategy:
- You’re able to help an organisation or business design for the future.
- You have an ability to think on your feet and problem-solve quickly.
- You’re comfortable using a business model canvas or similar
- Whilst you may not be proficient in shared value theory, you are able to apply a social or environmental impact lens to an organisation’s business strategy/project strategy
- You are able to inspire and engage a room
- You have experience facilitating across diverse organisations (corporate/government/NFP)
You have frameworks and tools you’ve used to move people in their thinking.
DESIRABLE, BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- You are proficient in creating and using an impact framework, theory of change and other program logic frameworks
- You have experience with Human-Centred Design approaches/frameworks
WHO WE ARE AND WHO WE HOPE YOU ARE:
We are a small, but agile and ambitious organisation. We often wear many hats, and muck-in when and where we need to.
You have entrepreneurial energy, and are passionate about business as a vehicle for doing good in the world. You have great ability to assess and design strategies that marry purpose and profit, and you enjoy working on and managing multiple members’ needs at one time. Therefore, you may be a social impact/shared value practitioner or agency consultant.
You are self-led, and happy playing different roles; as leader, facilitator, coach/mentor, educator, problem-solver and advocate. This role is for some who wants to build something, but also wants to work with great people they can learn from and learn with. We are not looking for an employee but a partner.
WHY WORK WITH US?
We are serious about our ‘why’ – working in partnership with our members, who, in turn, work in partnership with each other to create real impact.
We are curious, always learning and open to new ideas. We are part of a fantastic community – both locally and globally, and feel privileged to be able to draw on their insights and expertise every day.
The role can be structured to suit you – we envisage it as a 3 day a week role, but it can start bigger or smaller and grow as required!
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will be reviewed as they come in and suitable candidates contacted for an interview, so don’t hesitate to apply!
Please send your application (addressed to SVP CEO, Sarah Downie) to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Application: Senior Strategy Advisor’. Applications will close at COB Thursday 24 February 2022.
Applications should include:
- A short cover letter (maximum two pages) outlining how you meet the key selection criteria
- Your resume
For more information, please email the above address.