The recent election highlighted a number of important social issues in New Zealand including poverty, climate change, and housing affordability.
Shared value is a business strategy that helps organisations reconceive society’s needs as business opportunities. Defined by global thought leaders Professor Michael E Porter and Mark Kramer in ‘Creating Shared Value’ in the Harvard Business Review (January/February 2011), shared value creates an opportunity to unlock social and economic prosperity.
Join the Shared Value Project and our host Lion for a discussion on the role of business, government, and not-for-profits in solving these issues, and how they can be reframed through shared value to advance New Zealand’s environmental and social performance, and unlock new business opportunities.
- Christian Abboud – CEO & Country Manager, Nestlé New Zealand
- Bryce Davies – General Manager Corporate Relations, IAG
- Tegan Flanagan – External Relations Director – Corporate, Lion
- Michelle Kazor – Director of Consulting, Karrikins Group
- Matthew McCracken – Corporate Partnerships and Trust Manager, New Zealand Red Cross
- Helen Steel – Executive Director, Shared Value Project (Moderator)
When: Tuesday 14 November, 5:00 – 7:00pm
Where: Lion, 27 Napier St, Freemans Bay, Auckland
Dress: Business attire
RSVP: Places are limited. Click here to RSVP no later than COB Friday 10 November. For further information please refer to our website or contact Shared Value Project via email@example.com
Refreshments will be served