We are seeking an experienced communications professional to develop and deliver the Shared Value Project’s Communications and Digital Strategy. Join our small dynamic team and be part of the shared value movement, changing the role of business in society in the region.
Reporting to: CEO
Status: Part-time 0.6 FTE (22 hours per week)
The Shared Value Project is the peak practice body for shared value in Australasia, and the exclusive regional partner of the Shared Value Initiative. We drive adoption and implementation of shared value strategies among leading companies, civil society and government organisations by providing thought leadership, knowledge and networks.
Our communication activity is key to supporting the events and engagement strategy which encourages individuals, organisations and change agents to view the creation of social value as a major competitive advantage, a driver of innovation, and foundation for long-term economic prosperity.
About the role
Reporting to the CEOs, the Communications Manager is responsible for:
- Leadership and principal oversight of all SVP communications activities and content across all channels, including websites, social media, online publication and traditional media.
- Evaluating existing SVP communications and recommending and implementing new activities that serve, inform and inspire SVP’s members and the community more broadly.
- Coordinating, marketing and communications that enable and support the event and engagement strategy.
This position requires the ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with the CEO, SVP staff and others as required to see projects through from inception to final delivery.
- Leadership and principal oversight for all SVP communications activities and content across all channels, including websites, social media, e-newsletters, online publications and traditional media.
- Develop and implement a communications and engagement strategy to support the organisations activities
- Conduct a review of existing communications and implement changes to maximise impact.
- Develop and implement an annual communications plan that delivers against the strategy
- Build capacity within the organisation to deliver on the communications plan e.g. upskill the Project Coordinator, develop a member secondment program, internship program etc.
- Produce and manage corporate marketing materials and collateral for use internally and for external stakeholders.
- Work in conjunction with the Program Manager and Member Liaison on the development of marketing collateral and communication for events and programs.
- Project management of SVP’s research projects including the State of Shared Value Survey, Health and Wellness Research Project and prime responsibility for government submissions.
- Undertake evaluation and reporting of communications activities to ensure the objectives and relevant milestones are being met.
- Support the research and development of the speaking program for the annual Shared Value Summit Asia Pacific and other speaking events as required.
- Media relations around key events and activities, and manage all media inquiries and write and edit media releases, opinion articles and other articles and briefings as required.
- Assist with managing the internal administrative and technical processes for the organisation as they relate to the role and communicating these to SVP staff.
- Contribute to annual reviews of the strategic plan.
- Contribute to applications, acquittals, and reports for members and sponsors as required.
- Attendance and active participation in management and company meetings as required.
- Represent the Shared Value Project at meetings, workshops, promotional events, media engagements, and industry functions as required.
For full details and the key selection criteria please download the complete position description.
Please send your application addressed to Helen Steel at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM on Wednesday 27 June 2018.
Applications should include:
- A short cover letter (maximum two pages) outlining how you meet the key selection criteria;
- Your CV
Applications that do not include both of the documents listed above will not be considered.
Please note applicants must have Australian permanent residency or the equivalent.