- Company: Shared Value Project
- Location: Melbourne
About the role
Play an integral role in the planning, execution and evaluation of the seventh Shared Value Summit Asia Pacific; the region’s foremost purpose-led business event.
In 2021, the Summit will harness the growing appetite and need for organisations to create mutual socio-economic prosperity – namely, shared value – as we mark the 10th year of this movement globally. Supporting the Shared Value Project’s CEO and the Summit Manager – Communications and Marketing, the Summit Manager – Event & Logistics will make a fundamental contribution to the delivery of this important event.
- Monitoring tasks to ensure the objectives and relevant milestones are being met
- Event director on Summit day
- Managing key relationships with the venue, AV team, suppliers
- Technical lead (including streaming platform selection, potential networking apps)
- Logistics management (including program scheduling and rehearsals)
- Emcee and speaker management (including co-ordinating and leading briefings)
- Monitoring of ticketing (including the ticketing platform, management of attendee lists and developing processes as necessary)
- Budget, contract and transaction management
- Assisting with evaluation of the Summit in the form of an evaluation report
- Stakeholder management and other tasks as required
Contract period: Approx. Tuesday 6 April – Friday 25 June.
Key Selection Criteria
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or minimum 3-5-years’ event experience in a fast-paced working environment
- Understanding of the requirements for effective project management and creative collaboration working within a small team
- Sound technical knowledge where it relates to virtual events
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to multitask
- Must be able to apply quick, independent judgement and problem-solving when necessary; demonstrating initiative and a can-do attitude
- Experience in delivering high-impact initiatives within budget constraints and short timeframes
- Good attention to detail
- Sound stakeholder management skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint or mac equivalent
- Experience in leading events end-to-end (as event director)
- Basic understanding of the purpose economy and/or of purpose-led organisations
- Understanding of the needs and dynamics of small-scale not-for-profit businesses
About the Summit
The Shared Value Summit Asia Pacific features some of the world’s most prominent business voices, visionaries, academics and innovators (including the Treasurer of Australia, New Power co-author Jeremy Heimans and Harvard Professor Rebecca Henderson). Attracting a global audience of more than 500 online representatives from business, government and not-for-profits in 2020, it continues to grow and evolve with the purpose-led business environment, and is currently set as a virtual/hybrid event for June.
Location and work hours
The role is based in Melbourne and occasional work outside of office hours/flexibility to accommodate full time hours may be required.
How to apply
Please send your application addressed to Shared Value Project CEO Sarah Downie to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM on Friday 26 March 2021.
Applications should include:
- A short cover letter (maximum 400 words) outlining how you meet the key selection criteria
- Your CV
Applications that do not include both of the documents listed above will not be considered. Please note applicants must have Australian permanent residency or the equivalent.