We are seeking an experienced program and events manager to develop and deliver the Shared Value Project’s highly regarded industry engagement and events program. Join the team and be part of the shared value movement, changing the role of business in society in the region.
Program (Event) Manager
Reporting to: Executive Director
Status: Part time 0.6 FTE (22 hours per week)
The Shared Value Project is the peak practice body for shared value in Australasia, and the exclusive regional partner of the Shared Value Initiative. We drive adoption and implementation of shared value strategies among leading companies, civil society and government organisations by providing thought leadership, knowledge and networks.
The membership and industry engagement program is a core component of the Project. Its prime objective is to generate knowledge, skills and professional engagement (opportunities) among corporate, not-for-profit and government leaders who are looking for an innovative business strategy that generates sustainable economic and social returns.
About the role
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager is responsible for:
- Developing and leading the SVP industry engagement program and implementing the associated events, including planning, execution and evaluation of SVP’s key events (e.g. annual Forum and Awards program).
- Developing new initiatives to serve, inform and inspire SVP’s members and the shared value community more broadly.
- Coordinating sponsorship, marketing and communications that enable and support the event and engagement strategy.
This position requires the ability to work autonomously and in collaboration with the Executive Director, SVP staff and others as required to see projects through from inception to final delivery.
Event Planning and Development:
- Leadership and principal oversight for the sponsorship and marketing strategies associated with industry engagement strategy.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with members and stakeholders, in particular with organisations that are regular sponsors, speakers and hosts of events.
- Coordinating event delivery through established ‘SVP’ event management processes or developing other processes as necessary including for ticketing and marketing etc.
- Working in conjunction with other SVP staff on event marketing and communication as necessary.
- Monitoring tasks and undertaking evaluation of events and activities to ensure the objectives and relevant milestones are being met and that the programs are being delivered within budget and against annual targets of the SVP business plan.
- Developing and managing the event calendar including SVP events, SVP supported events and other events where there is a SVP presence.
- Assist with managing the internal administrative and technical processes for the organisation as they relate to the role and communicating these to SVP staff.
- Contribute to annual reviews of the strategic plan.
- Contribute to applications, acquittals, and reports for members and sponsors as required.
- Attendance and active participation in management and company meetings as required.
- Represent the Shared Value Project at meetings, workshops, promotional events, media engagements, and industry functions as required.Key Employment Conditions
- The role is part time 0.6 FTE (22 hours/week with flexible days).
- A competitive salary package will be offered and exact employment conditions will be negotiated based upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
- The role is based in Melbourne but will require some travel to Sydney and other Australian cities for the delivery of SVP events and programs.
For full details and the key selection criteria please download the complete position description.
Please send your application addressed to Helen Steel at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM on Wednesday 17 August 2016.
Applications should include:
- A short cover letter (maximum two pages) outlining how you meet the key selection criteria;
- Your CV
Applications that do not include both of the documents listed above will not be considered.