Tickets are on sale now for the 2019 Shared Value Awards Gala Dinner, 23 October in Melbourne.
Forward-thinking businesses now have a seat at the table when it comes to solving social issues. But it is only the most brave, persistent and innovative which are stepping up, and pulling out a chair.
They may be multiplying, but the leadership among this community of change-makers remains exemplary. And every year, the Shared Value Project is delighted to recognise the ground-breaking efforts of the shared value community.
Established in 2016, the Shared Value Awards acknowledge organisations using shared value to deliver on their purpose. The Awards also recognise individuals driving change and influencing better outcomes for business and society. Importantly, their achievements serve to encourage our wider network to continue raising the bar in how we create shared value across the Asia Pacific region.
The Selection Committee will select winners from a range of different categories and sectors to showcase examples of best practice, and provide inspiration for other companies in the region and further afield to adopt shared value principles.
- Corporate organisation leading through shared value
- Small or medium organisation leading through shared value
- Shared value project/initiative by an organisation or through cross-sector partnership
- Shared Value Trailblazer
- Shared Value Champion
- 2019 Shared Value Project/Initiative of the Year*
- People’s Choice Award**
* The 2019 Shared Value Project/Initiative of the Year award is awarded by the Selection Committee to the most outstanding submission received across categories.
** The People’s Choice Award is selected by the shared value community from shortlisted entries. The shortlist will be announced in mid-September.
Dates and Deadlines
- Applications open: Tuesday, 23 July 2019
- Applications close: Friday, 30 August 2019 (5pm)
- Announcement at Awards Gala Dinner: Wednesday 23 October 2019 (Melbourne)
What is Shared Value?
Shared value is defined as policies and practices that enhance the competitiveness of companies while improving social and environmental conditions in the regions where they operate. It is a business strategy focused on companies creating measurable economic benefit by identifying and addressing social problems that intersect with their business. To qualify as shared value, there must be an identifiable economic benefit to the company as well as measurable impact on a social or environmental issue. Read more